ACHIEVING BUSINESS RESULTS
Business Results – Overall Competency Definitions
Demonstrates a Bias for Action and Results
Shows the drive and passion for achieving results and getting things done. Is persistent in the face of challenges and potential barriers.
- Clarifies priorities and displays confidence and accountability in accomplishment of business goals and results
- Gains commitment of others to achieving team and organizational goals in a timely manner
- Consistently meets or exceeds individual and team performance objectives
Demonstrates Business and Financial Acumen
Understands market trends, financial and business drivers, and changing (internal and external) customer preferences. Uses information about business drivers and trends to guide planning and actions. Understands and supports corporate vision, values and objectives.
- Plans and prioritizes actions and strategies based on an understanding of key business drivers and customer value
- Keeps current with relevant developments within and outside of the organization
- Develops and maintains an in-depth understanding of the company’s financials, markets and products
Ensures Issue Resolution and Prevention
Demonstrates ability to anticipate, identify and analyze complex problems. Distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information to assess root causes and make logical decisions; develops alternative courses of action and specific solutions to individual and organizational problems.
- Separates causes from symptoms
- Applies lessons learned from others who encountered similar problems or challenges
- Develops contingency plans
Exhibits Systems Thinking Capability
Thinks holistically and proactively manages the “white space” between processes, functions and organizational structure. Takes into account the effect of major improvements or changes in one area on other parts of the organization.
- Examines the interactions of the parts of the system to determine larger patterns
- Seeks to understand the underlying causes that impede or affect system performance or outcomes
- Creates solutions that address broader systemic needs
Fosters Operational Excellence
Regularly identifies and acts on opportunities to increase effectiveness and efficiency of existing business processes, methods and systems. Demonstrates ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work to ensure that goals, objectives, and commitments are met on time and within budget.
- Actively seeks ways to improve the way work is done – even when things are going well
- Establishes and maintains an organized system to monitor progress towards goals
- Effectively utilizes available resources to produce maximum results
Shows Decisiveness and Sound Judgment
Encourages open discussion of issues and debate while advancing problems toward resolution or conclusion. Makes high quality, informed decisions to address business issues or opportunities. Anticipates the short and long-term impact and implications of decisions
- Defines and considers own values and experience on which to base decisions and exercise judgment
- Chooses the best alternative based on consideration of pros, cons, context, tradeoffs, timing, and available resources
- Plans for consequences of decisions and affects
DOWNLOAD A FREE COMPLETE SAMPLE COMPETENCY
FILL OUT THE FORM FOR A CUSTOM EXAMPLE COMPETENCY
ACHIEVING BUSINESS RESULTS – LIBRARY
Achieving Business requires an understanding of multiple core-competencies. Below, browse and purchase other complementary competency sets that comprise the entirety of the Paul Terry Consulting Group Competency library.
Review our entire library of competencies for “Achieving Business Results” by clicking below.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?