Individual Leadership – Overall Competency Definitions
Demonstrates Critical Thinking Skills
Objectively evaluates and interprets data and information from various perspectives to assess veracity. Uses rational or impartial methods to assess outcomes or solutions value.
- Seeks meaning of the data beyond face value
- Exhibits the ability to isolate the problem from its context
- Demonstrates willingness to modify a point of view based on reason and logic
Demonstrates Interpersonal Savvy and Rapport
Demonstrates a high degree of self-awareness. Is perceptive of how own style, behaviors, emotions and reactions may be received by others.
- Is genuine in working with others
- Has a personal style that is effective in dealing with others and leaves a positive impression
- Recognizes and appropriately adheres to social customs and norms
Demonstrates desire and ability to continuously learn and improve own skills, knowledge and expertise. Shares knowledge and experience with others to help them learn.
- Seeks feedback regularly
- Stays current in own field of expertise
- Uses a variety of development approaches for self and others
Maintains focus, optimism and sense of purpose even in the face of adversity. Improves likelihood of future success through learning from past failures and disappointments.
- Keeps disappointments, setbacks and failures in perspective
- Sustains high productivity and performance in face of challenges
- Stays positive and maintains confidence in future
Exemplifies Ownership, Drive and Initiative
Accepts accountability for results and continually improving performance. Looks for ways to add value beyond base requirements and improve services or outcomes.
- Demonstrates commitment to do whatever it takes to achieve business goals and performance objectives
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency in achieving results Proactively identifies needs and finds ways to solve problems without being prompted
Exhibits Analytical Capability
Solves complex problems through a methodical and logical approach. Demonstrates expertise in collecting data, conducting analyses and organizing data into useful information.
- Dissects complex information into series of analyzable parts
- Studies relation of parts to each other and the whole
- Goes beyond data gathering and analysis to create useful information and recommendations
Exhibits Detail Orientation
Thoroughly reviews work product to ensure accuracy and consistency. Demonstrates ability to identify gaps in data, logic, or facts in analyses or proposed plans.
- Takes ownership for accuracy in own work
- Asks insightful questions to uncover potential issues or unsupported assumptions
- Exhibits patience to review and understand information at granular level
Demonstrates willingness to defend a point of view in the face of adversity or differing opinions. Does not compromise on core values or principles.
- Willing to take a stand and accept appropriate risk
- Addresses people issues quickly
- Communicates directly and tactfully
DOWNLOAD A FREE COMPLETE SAMPLE COMPETENCY
FILL OUT THE FORM FOR A CUSTOM EXAMPLE COMPETENCY
Individual Leadership requires an understanding of multiple core-competencies. Below, browse and purchase other complementary competency sets that comprise the entirety of the Paul Terry Consulting Group Competency library.
Review our entire library of competencies for “Individual Leadership” by clicking below.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?