SHAPING THE FUTURE
Shaping the Future – Overall Competency Definitions
Creates Strategic Alignment
Demonstrates the ability to take the “long view” and see the larger business implications of marketplace trends for the purpose of setting strategic direction. Identifies and integrates organizational strategies to achieve and sustain competitive advantage.
- Demonstrates forward thinking about tomorrow’s issues
- Adapts strategy and tactics to changing business environments
- Links the organization’s direction to company and customer requirements
Demonstrates Customer Centricity
Focuses on identifying and anticipating customer needs. Makes decisions and takes action with the customer’s perspective in mind. Develops and maintains strong external/internal customer relationships
- Take accountability to create solutions that go beyond customer requests and expectations and build long-term customer value
- Demonstrates high degree of responsiveness to customer requests to ensure customer satisfaction
- Views work objectives and results from the perspective of the customer
Develops Thought Leadership
Applies original thinking to create new or significantly different and useful ideas, approaches, or solutions that generate value for the business. Applies existing knowledge or technology in new or different ways.
- Makes connections across knowledge areas and applies alternative approaches to developing solutions
- Produces original thought that leads to innovative solutions and intellectual capital
- Grasps new ideas quickly, and stays current with trends, best practices and standards
Drives Insight Creation and Activation
Creates and applies new, better, or significantly different and useful ideas, methods, processes, products, or services to solve problems and meet/exceed business objectives
- Produces original solutions that solve business problems or lead to new products/services
- Rethinks situations to create new opportunities or overcome obstacles
- Collaborates with team members to brainstorm creative approaches that go beyond the status quo
Enables Business Transformation
Initiates, engages in and creates awareness regarding the need for transformational business outcomes. Creates and/or participates in transformation strategy and plans.
- Takes appropriate and reasonable risks
- Adapts positively to changes in direction, priorities, schedules, approaches, and responsibilities
- Embeds transformational processes and monitors progress to ensure achievement of intended benefits
DOWNLOAD A FREE COMPLETE SAMPLE COMPETENCY
FILL OUT THE FORM FOR A CUSTOM EXAMPLE COMPETENCY
RELATED COMPETENCIES – SHAPING THE FUTURE
Shaping The Future requires an understanding of multiple core-competencies. Below, browse and purchase other complementary competency sets that comprise the entirety of the Paul Terry Consulting Group Competency library.
Review our entire library of competencies for “Shaping The Future” by clicking below.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
If you need clarification on our pricing, packages, or just have immediate questions, please contact us through email or phone. Our team is happy to help provide you with additional details or a sample of our competencies.