WORKING WITH OTHERS
Working with Others – Overall Competency Definitions
Builds Spheres of Influence
Promotes ideas on behalf of self or others. Skillfully persuades or negotiates with others to effect action or change
- Exhibits self confidence based on experience, knowledge and expertise
- Has a high level of credibility with others
- Knows multiple influence approaches and adapts as appropriate to the need
Builds Trusting and Collaborative Relationships
Instills confidence through demonstrating integrity and building respectful, honest relationships. Follows through on commitments and creates conditions that foster partnerships and mutual support.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with others
- Shows consistency between words and actions Develops networks and builds alliances
Creates Diverse and Inclusive Teams
Demonstrates an ability to effectively utilize various experiences, styles, backgrounds and perspectives in creating and working with a diverse and global team. Willingly cooperates with others for the purpose of achieving shared team objectives, consistent with the organization’s business objectives.
- Encourages everyone to learn, contribute, and grow
- Models multicultural awareness and interpersonal sensitivity
- Demonstrates commitment to team goals and to the organization’s vision and values
Exhibits Organizational Awareness
Exhibits an ability to accomplish business objectives through understanding and leveraging formal and informal organizational systems, processes, structures and culture.
- Uses awareness of how decisions are made to achieve desired results
- Anticipates impact of alternative courses of action and prepares for likely objections and reactions from others
- Knows and utilizes appropriate escalation procedures
Fosters Open Communication
Encourages candid, respectful and open two-way dialogue. Able to articulate information both in verbal and written form in ways that are clearly understood by the intended audience. Leverages multiple communication channels to convey and reinforce messages.
- Understands audience needs and adapts content and delivery to intended audience
- Actively listens to others perspectives
- Demonstrates ability to persuade others to commit to ideas and/or take action
DOWNLOAD A FREE COMPLETE SAMPLE COMPETENCY
FILL OUT THE FORM FOR A CUSTOM EXAMPLE COMPETENCY
RELATED COMPETENCIES – WORKING WITH OTHERS
Working With Others requires an understanding of multiple core-competencies. Below, browse and purchase other complementary competency sets that comprise the entirety of the Paul Terry Consulting Group Competency library.
Review our entire library of competencies for “Working With Others” by clicking below.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?